Sunday, November 3, 2013

How I Learn (Prompt 3)

     Learning is defined as the acquisition of knowledge or skills. There is a variety of learning styles. These include visual learning, auditory learning, and kinesthetic learning. Visual learners may require charts, images, or body language to acquire knowledge or skills. Auditory learners benefit most from lectures, discussions, and verbal readings. Kinesthetic learners acquire knowledge and skills by participating in hands-on activities (Labs, models, etc.), which is why they are referred to as physical learners. I have displayed these different learning styles throughout my 4 years at CSIHSIS. 
     In freshman year I took art. I succeeded through visual learning. When the art teacher showed us how to model or paint or draw something I grasped the concept quickly by watching her do it first. The result of this was a quality portfolio, and going from novice to moderate.  
     In CRS I am an auditory learner. I am told what to do and I do it. It is important to listen to instructions. The lessons stick in my head i know how to proceed when steps and methods are given. 
     In my chemistry class last year I was a kinesthetic learner. Lessons were not sticking with me.  However, I did very well in labs, and suddenly things started to make more sense. If I didnt know the answer to a question on a test I would think back to the lab and logically apply what i learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment