Sunday, October 20, 2013

Essay on Engrade Questions


     The last time I was assigned a research project was in my sophomore year in journalism. The assignment was to write an investigative journalism paper. To complete the assignment, I had to follow a step-by-step process.
     The first step of the process was to pick a topic. My teacher allowed everyone in the class to select their own topics. I work better when I am able to choose a topic, especially when I have prior knowledge on the topic. I decided to write my paper on the carcinogens in fast food preservatives. The next step was to research the topic. This was not easy, because there were not many credible sources. Another difficulty was citing the sources, specifically formatting the citation into the paper. The actual citing was simple after my teacher showed me Easybib.com. The final process was to draft, draft, draft, and draft until perfection. The repetitive drafting process is very importing because every draft brings you closer to perfection.
     Though I faced a few difficulties, such as finding credible sources, and citing them properly, I genuinely enjoyed working on this assignment, because it gave me the opportunity to expand on something I love: journalism. In hindsight, this assignment also gave me a bit of background knowledge of College Research Skills as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment